.geom extension for glsl (or extension genericity)

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM

are there any plans for supporting .geom (like frag and vert) extension? Actually there is a FileExtension tab under TextEditor group of VS options. Is there any chance to add user specific extensions under this FileExtension tab by selecting editor of NShader choice?

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I'll add the .geom extension as well. I have some pending fix to include and will release hopefully a new version before the end of the year.

Concerning allowing a user to add specific extension, i was thinking about this. It's possible but it asks more work as the VS SDK framework doesn't provide such a feature (extensions are statically declared in attributes of the package class). It may be included in the next version, otherwise later.

Thanks!

Coordinator
May 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM

.geom extension is added to NShader 1.1.

Although, didn't have enough time to make a configurable option window. Next release maybe...

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Maybe add simple configuration file? I need .shader to highlight CG syntax. (Unity Shader Lab Lang).

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I did the configuration file on a test dev branch, but didn't have time to merge it into NShader.  Unfortunately, I have a very limited time dedicated to this project right now, but I'll try to see what I can do.

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Hi, I would really like to be able to get hlsl/cg syntax hightlighting for .fxh (.fx headers) too. Good job anyway!

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Both geom and fxh extensions are in 1.2

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Hi there,

We use different extensions in our pipeline (i.e. .vcg and .fcg) if FileExtensions can't be used what about a simple profile file (.INI or .XML or whaterever) where users could stick there own extensions ?

Thanks

Patrick

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:03 AM

I will try to see if I can add something quickly.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your quick answer, if adding a profile file is too much effort for you, if you could stick .vcg and .fcg as cg extensions that would be brilliant.

Best regards,

Patrick

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 10:54 PM

PatrickB, did you try the procedure describe here to add your own extension manually into the registry?

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Just tried it works great

Thanks